By Michael Lynch
Give your scholars the easiest probability of good fortune with this attempted and verified sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to historical past is the preferred, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level heritage students.
- helps the content material and review specifications of the 2015 A-level background specifications
- includes authoritative and fascinating content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that learn the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- offers exam-style questions and assistance for every correct specification to assist scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This name is appropriate for a number of classes including:
- AQA: The Making of recent Britain, 1951-2007
- OCR: Britain 1930-1997
Read or Download Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition PDF
Similar uk history books
British tradition at the present time is the fabricated from a moving mix of culture and experimentation, nationwide identification and neighborhood and ethnic variety. those special tensions are expressed in a number of cultural arenas, resembling artwork, recreation, journalism, style, schooling, and race. This spouse addresses those and different significant points of British tradition, and provides a worldly realizing of what it potential to check and view the various cultural landscapes of up to date Britain.
Victorian Britain is frequently defined as an age of dawning democracy and as an exemplar of the fashionable Liberal nation; but a hereditary monarchy, a hereditary apartment of Lords, and a longtime Anglican Church survived as influential facets of nationwide public existence with conventional elites assuming redefined roles.
Magna Carta and Due means of legislation: the line to American Judicial Activism presents an outstanding historical past of the increase of Parliament and the yank structure. not like different authors masking this subject, Thomas Burrell examines American courts and discusses judicial activism. The due procedure language within the Magna Carta and English background unearths a strenuous attempt to set up and guard participatory executive from the arbitrary king ruling by means of will.
Bosbury is the second one parish historical past to be produced by way of the belief for the Victoria County heritage of Herefordshire, following the background of Eastnor released in 2013. Like Eastnor, Bosbury is an agricultural parish, close to the marketplace city of Ledbury. It covers a comparatively huge sector under the western slopes of the Malvern Hills.
- Meat, Commerce and the City: The London Food Market, 1800–1855: Volume 11 (Perspectives in Economic and Social History)
- British Fascism: Essays on the Radical Right in Inter-War Britain: Volume 3 (Routledge Library Editions: Racism and Fascism)
- British Tank Production and the War Economy, 1934-1945
- An Everyday Life of the English Working Class
Extra info for Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition
Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition by Michael Lynch