By Phillip C. Wankat
Separation method Engineering, 3rd Edition, is the main accomplished, obtainable consultant to be had on sleek separation procedures and the basics of mass move. Phillip C. Wankat teaches every one key suggestion via distinct, lifelike examples utilizing genuine data–including updated simulation perform and new spreadsheet-based exercises.
Wankat completely covers every one of today’s major methods, together with flash, column, and batch distillation; designated calculations and shortcut equipment for multicomponent distillation; staged and packed column layout; absorption; stripping; and extra. during this variation, he additionally provides the newest layout tools for liquid-liquid extraction. This version comprises the main specific assurance to be had of membrane separations and of sorption separations (adsorption, chromatography, and ion exchange).
Updated with new ideas and references all through, Separation strategy Engineering, 3rd Edition, additionally comprises greater than three hundred new homework difficulties, every one demonstrated within the author’s Purdue college classes.
- Modular, updated procedure simulation examples and homework difficulties, according to Aspen Plus and simply adaptable to any simulator
- Extensive new insurance of mass move and diffusion, together with either Fickian and Maxwell-Stefan approaches
- Detailed discussions of liquid-liquid extraction, together with McCabe-Thiele, triangle and laptop simulation analyses; mixer-settler layout; Karr columns; and comparable mass move analyses
- Thorough introductions to adsorption, chromatography, and ion exchange–designed to organize scholars for complex paintings in those areas
- Complete assurance of membrane separations, together with gasoline permeation, opposite osmosis, ultrafiltration, pervaporation, and key applications
- A complete bankruptcy on economics and effort conservation in distillation
- Excel spreadsheets delivering extra perform with difficulties in distillation, diffusion, mass move, and membrane separation